Thursday, December 16, 2010

I Have an Idea

So I have this idea and I’m getting sick of car manufacturers not being able to come up with it since 1672!

And being the *cough* awesome painter that I am, I made these “sketches” to demonstrate my genius idea (which I’m pretty sure many people thought of before me but no one was talented enough to turn it into exquisite pieces of art like I did). Anyway, if you come here regularly then you’ve read one (or 10) posts about how driving in Amman is awful and how the streets are (I don’t want to say poorly planned because they weren’t planned in the first place) not driving-friendly.

So without further ado, I present to you “The Sideways Wheel”! Your new solution to parallel parking and other problems. Here’s what I’m thinking: they place a couple of wheels under the car that are perpendicular to the original four wheels it already has, that way, the car can move sideways too!

The driver can make the wheels appear and disappear when s/he needs them to, I’ll leave the “how” to mechanical engineers because it’s not my job here.

Let me explain the benefits; if a normal car looks like this:



Then my new modified BackForthAndSideways car would look like this, see the wheel?


(If you're worried about balance or the other four wheels I'd be happy to explain further.)

Example:

Suppose the blue car and the green car are parked, you’re driving the red car and want to parallel park:



Instead of doing this:



You’ll just go like this:



And you don’t even need extra space in front of your car or behind it!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another case, the cars are stopped at the red light and the way is open for cars that want to go right BUT, the dude in the green car is blocking the exit so the dude in the black car goes nuts and starts honking non-stop, and so do all the ones behind him:



So green car dude moves a little bit to the side with the help of his super-cool sideways wheel, red and blue cars help him out a bit and shift to the left:



Black car dude is happy!



Yeah?


* don’t you dare mock my sketches. They took me forever to do.
** I heard that some guy in Egypt created something like that but no one gave him any credit, maybe he didn’t have a blog.